Our dedicated volunteers are the heart of NAMI Metro Baltimore. Volunteers help to better the lives of people affected by mental illness by sharing their personal experiences, talents, and skills. Whether you are giving your time because our programs have helped you or a loved one or you are passionate about mental health, you can make a difference.
There are many ways to get involved:
- Become a trained peer-leader to facilitate a support group or teach a class
- Mentor peers who are facing mental health challenges to provide hope for recovery
- Share your story to help others understand mental illness
- Raise mental health awareness as a NAMI Metro Baltimore ambassador
- Advocate in Annapolis for quality mental health care services
Learn more about current volunteer opportunities at Volunteer Match.
Become a Volunteer
All prospective volunteers should complete a Volunteer Application and submit it to the Volunteer Coordinator, Julianne Mills at email@example.com. After submitting an application, you will be contacted to discuss your interests and next steps.
Download Volunteer Application .
In addition, NAMI Metropolitan Baltimore has the following volunteer requirements:
- All volunteers must be over the age of 14. Certain volunteer roles require individuals to be over the age of 18.
- Effective December 2015, all new, incoming volunteers must consent to a background check.
- There may be additional requirements, such as training programs, for certain volunteer roles.
- Volunteers may be required to submit a Conflict of Interest Agreement and/or Stipend Agreement for certain volunteer roles.
For more detailed information on volunteer roles and requirements, please see the Volunteer Manual.
If you have questions about volunteering, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling our office at 410-435-2600.
Thank you for your commitment to volunteering with NAMI Metropolitan Baltimore. All current volunteers should complete an Annual Update Form and submit it to email@example.com to stay up-to-date on upcoming volunteer training and opportunities.