Established in 1983, NAMI Metropolitan Baltimore is a grassroots organization with the mission to improve the lives of individuals living with mental illness and their families through education, support, and advocacy. We offer focused and effective education and support programs tailored for varied audiences including individuals with mental illnesses, family members and caregivers of those with mental illnesses, direct service providers, and the general public. NAMI Metropolitan Baltimore is currently providing over 9,400 touch points of service, more than doubling our impact numbers since 2014.
NAMI Metro Baltimore is seeking a fall intern to assist our Director of Signature Programs with program initiatives. Candidates should be available to work 6 – 8 hours per week from September 3rd – December 13th with the option to extend the internship to the spring semester.
The intern’s primary duties are to assist our Director of Signature Programs with the following tasks:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain outreach material at each one of NAMI Metro’s Mental Health Program hub location
- Update and maintain support group material at in-office and offsite group locations
- Organize and prepare course material and supplies for upcoming classes
- Establish new contacts with community centers, clinics, treatment centers, schools and other relevant organizations in new and existing program hub locations
- Update NAMI Metro’s program service map and prepare other program data as needed
- Occasionally attend community meetings to share information about NAMI Metro programs and initiatives
- Other duties may be assigned
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft programs
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Willing to travel and have access to own transportation
- Gain valuable knowledge about Baltimore area mental health and community programming initiatives
- Flexible schedule for students
Interested candidates should submit their resume and availability to Jaime Ebersole Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, August 1st.
Share this story