Our dedicated volunteers are the heart of NAMI Metro Baltimore. Volunteers help to better the lives of people affected by mental illness by sharing their personal experiences, talents, and skills. Whether you are giving your time because our programs have helped you or a loved one or you are passionate about mental health, you can make a difference.
Become a Volunteer
Click Here to Fill Out Our Digital Application on VolunteerHub
All prospective volunteers should create an account on VolunteerHub in order to get started as a volunteer. If you have any questions, email email@example.com. After submitting an application, you will be contacted to discuss your interests and next steps.
There are many ways to get involved:
- Facilitate a support group or teach a class
- Mentor peers facing mental health challenges to provide hope for recovery
- Share your story to help others understand mental illness
- Raise mental health awareness as a NAMI Metro Baltimore ambassador
- Advocate in Annapolis for quality mental health care services
In addition, NAMI Metropolitan Baltimore has the following volunteer requirements:
- All volunteers must be over the age of 14. Certain volunteer roles require individuals to be over the age of 18.
- Effective December 2015, all new, incoming volunteers must consent to a background check.
- There may be additional requirements, such as training programs, for certain volunteer roles.
- Volunteers may be required to submit a Conflict of Interest Agreement and/or Stipend Agreement for certain volunteer roles.